In 2009, six adults and seven children from Crown headed off to Istanbul to plant a church.
Yasam Kilisesi is now a thriving church in Istanbul.
Project Hope is part of Living Hope Church (a Newfrontiers church in Mumbai, India) led by Vinu Paul.
Established in 2004, Project Hope exists to serve the poor in the nearby slums. Crown Church, as part of our heart for the nations and commitment to serving the poor, has been supporting Project Hope both financially and through prayer since 2006.
- Mobile Medical Van – a weekly mobile clinic staffed by volunteers treating thousands each year
- Empowerment – interest-free loans to those with heavy financial burden, for example to help set up a business or to help repay existing debts.
- Educational Assistance – Project Hope offers educational support to three children, including uniforms, school fees, books and other related expenses.
- Weekly Bible training to those afflicted with leprosy
- Special Skills Training – providing financial support for training in trades such as Electrician or Computing.
- HIV and AIDS Assistance – financial assistance to an AIDS infected family where the father has succumbed to the deadly virus.
- Adult Literacy Programme for Women – ladies from the slums are trained in English-speaking and biblical values.
- Fostering and Nurturing – Project Hope has taken responsibility for individuals and families, for instance, two sisters whose father is afflicted by Polio; their brother is mute and their mother works as a maid to support the family. Project hope provides for the family financially to look after their basic needs.
Future Activities that Project Hope is planning:
- A second Mobile Medical Van
- Adult Literacy programs within the church premises.
“open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor” (Deuteronomy 15:11).
If you are an International Student living near Hillingdon and would like to meet someone to practice English or find out about British culture, please check out 'All the Nations Cafe'.
All the Nations Cafe provides a great opportunity for people of all nationalities to meet local English speakers, learn about life in the UK, experience British culture and practise English conversation. Ideal for International Students!
The Cafe runs every Monday night at the Living Room, 8-9.30pm and includes free drinks & snacks.
Check out All The Nations Cafe on Facebook.
Location: The Living Room, High Street, Cowley, Uxbridge, UB8 2DZ.
We are pleased to be able to support Cleres Pacheco who is part the pastoral team at a fantastic church, The Rock, in the heart of the beautiful Polish city of Wroclaw.
Dan & Anna Smith |
Dan and Anna tied the knot in 2009 and serve as Life Group overseers and in the Worship Band. Dan has been on staff at Crown Church since Jan 2011. He serves as an elder at Crown, and among other things, he leads our Worship Band and writes songs.
Articles from across our site tagged with 'International'
For the third year in a row we've been supporting the charity Operation Christmas Child (OCC) by...
In June we had a fabulous International Celebration together as a church. Hillingdon is one of the...
At Crown we have 35 different nations represented among us. On Sunday we will be celebrating the...
Multiculturalism at Crown Church
The Bible teaches that one day "every tribe, tongue and nation"...