In 2009, six adults and seven children from Crown headed off to Istanbul to plant a church.
Yasam Kilisesi is now a thriving church in Istanbul.
Project Hope is part of Living Hope Church (a Newfrontiers church in Mumbai, India) led by Vinu Paul.
Established in 2004, Project Hope exists to serve the poor in the nearby slums. Crown Church, as part of our heart for the nations and commitment to serving the poor, has been supporting Project Hope both financially and through prayer since 2006.
- Mobile Medical Van – a weekly mobile clinic staffed by volunteers treating thousands each year
- Empowerment – interest-free loans to those with heavy financial burden, for example to help set up a business or to help repay existing debts.
- Educational Assistance – Project Hope offers educational support to three children, including uniforms, school fees, books and other related expenses.
- Weekly Bible training to those afflicted with leprosy
- Special Skills Training – providing financial support for training in trades such as Electrician or Computing.
- HIV and AIDS Assistance – financial assistance to an AIDS infected family where the father has succumbed to the deadly virus.
- Adult Literacy Programme for Women – ladies from the slums are trained in English-speaking and biblical values.
- Fostering and Nurturing – Project Hope has taken responsibility for individuals and families, for instance, two sisters whose father is afflicted by Polio; their brother is mute and their mother works as a maid to support the family. Project hope provides for the family financially to look after their basic needs.
Future Activities that Project Hope is planning:
- A second Mobile Medical Van
- Adult Literacy programs within the church premises.
“open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor” (Deuteronomy 15:11).
James & Lucy Hunting |
James serves as lead elder and works full-time for the church. After moving to West London in 1996, he started to lay the foundations for church leadership by finding a fantastic wife in Lucy and developing a robust humour and steadfast smile. They have four children and one God.
Articles from across our site tagged with 'International'
Jesus brings together all nations, tribes, peoples and tongues.
On the 7th of June we will join...
In June we had a fabulous International Celebration together as a church. Hillingdon is one of the...