In 2009, six adults and seven children from Crown headed off to Istanbul to plant a church.
On the shelves of our Uxbridge office sits an archive of Crown preaches captured on CD since 2006. You wouldn’t have to look back too far to find some incredible preaching from Andy when he was on staff at Crown. If you visit the website of Yasam Kilisesi (Life Church, Istanbul) you can now hear him preaching in Turkish! We’ve got a lot of affection and admiration for the team in Istanbul, they have done incredibly well in learning a new language and settling into a new culture. We love being a part of what God’s doing in Istanbul.
Project Hope is part of Living Hope Church (a Newfrontiers church in Mumbai, India) led by Vinu Paul.
Established in 2004, Project Hope exists to serve the poor in the nearby slums. Crown Church, as part of our heart for the nations and commitment to serving the poor, has been supporting Project Hope both financially and through prayer since 2006.
• Mobile Medical Van – a weekly mobile clinic staffed by volunteers treating thousands each year
• Empowerment – interest-free loans to those with heavy financial burden, for example to help set up a business or to help repay existing debts.
• Educational Assistance – Project Hope offers educational support to three children, including uniforms, school fees, books and other related expenses.
• Weekly Bible training to those afflicted with leprosy
• Special Skills Training – providing financial support for training in trades such as Electrician or Computing.
• HIV and AIDS Assistance – financial assistance to an AIDS infected family where the father has succumbed to the deadly virus.
• Adult Literacy Programme for Women – ladies from the slums are trained in English-speaking and biblical values.
• Fostering and Nurturing – Project Hope has taken responsibility for individuals and families, for instance, two sisters whose father is afflicted by Polio; their brother is mute and their mother works as a maid to support the family. Project hope provides for the family financially to look after their basic needs.
Future Activities that Project Hope is planning:
• A second Mobile Medical Van
• Adult Literacy programs within the church premises.
“open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor” (Deuteronomy 15:11)
If you are an International Student living near Hillingdon and would like to meet someone to practice English or find out about British culture, please email:
Anne Sidnell |
Anne is married to Trevor and they have three children. She works as a Nutrition Manager for a pharmaceutical company. Anne heads up our At Work With God ministry, supporting people to be God-honouring in their workplace.
Articles from across our site tagged with 'International'
In June we had a fabulous International Celebration together as a church. Hillingdon is one of the...
For the second year in a row we've been supporting the charity Operation Christmas Child (OCC) by...
At Crown we have 35 different nations represented among us. On Sunday we will be celebrating the...
Multiculturalism at Crown Church
The Bible teaches that one day "every tribe, tongue and nation"...